Congratulations! You've built your amazing real estate website. As an expert real estate agent, you are proud to offer a real estate user experience that is second to none! But being the best real estate agent does not mean you will automatically know how to achieve search engine optimization (SEO). This powerful online recognition factor brings buyers and sellers to your website.
Our real estate site tips will quickly show you how to maximize your reach, wow your buyers and sellers, and enjoy some strong lead capture for your real estate business.
Website success is not only about the gorgeous site design or creative headings and content found on your landing pages. Though all these critical pieces of your website puzzle are extremely important for your site visitors, you must let them know you exist before anyone can appreciate your charms.
Every real estate agent knows that location is a key selling feature for every listing. Think of your online success as also requiring the perfect location to find buyers and sellers. But instead of a street address, your ideal place to grab potential clients depends upon your visibility on the internet when anyone searches for a property or real estate tip.
In today's digital real estate landscape, you need to make sure to create all the right landing pages, content, and tools to achieve a high ranking online, especially on Google. As the largest search engine in the world, Google can take your listings and bring them to the forefront of anyone's user-friendly real estate search.
Here's how to discover and fix your SEO errors now. Let's get started!
Tip 1: Meet Your Website's BFF: Google
Your role as a successful real estate agent is to sign buyers and sellers at all times. Before you can rack up your most profitable year ever, you need to take a hard look at your landing pages, your entire real estate website, and your Google ranking. Often, your site and all of your creative hard work can remain invisible despite all the website design and content you've created.
Just like any listing you post on social media, your content must be Google-friendly. The first thing you must do to elevate your real estate website is to promote your real estate Google business listing.
If you plan to be the best real estate agent on the planet, you need to educate yourself about Google and SEO. Every time someone asks, "Where can I buy a three-bedroom house near Miami for under $450,000?," Google is there to answer. Whenever a parent asks Siri or Amazon, "What are the highest rated elementary schools near Atlanta?," Google will offer recommendations.
When it comes to online searches, Google handles 7 trillion searches per year and answers 3.8 million per inquiries per minute on average! That comes out to 228 million searches per hour, 5.6 billion searches per day, or 2 trillion searches per year!
These searches are the very lifeline for your real estate business and can be easily accessed via your website as long as you follow these simple tips.
Tip 2: Check & Correct Your "Verify my Business" Page
- Sign up for "Verify my Business" on Google. This online spot is where you enter information to the world about your real estate website and share vital information such as your phone number, email, photos, etc.
- Include your name, your real estate business name, your website URL, a specific geographical address, phone number, and operation hours.
- Fill out the "about your business" area with engaging content. Feel free to use the snappy verbiage you have on your website, and remember: Use some local, unique keywords!
- This site is a space for your Google business, where your vital data is stored, shared with the public, and visible. Make corrections to any incorrect data.
Tip 3: Create Unique, Geo-Local Keywords
Every real estate search online relies upon Google's artificial intelligence systems to immediately recognize a question and its potential answers. When you have the right keywords on your real estate website, you will be "seen" by Google and rewarded by appearing as part of a page that leads buyers and sellers directly to your website! The proper keywords make it easy to be the object of real estate search results.
- Google recognizes specific language, so be sure to highlight and reinforce all keywords you use in your website. With search engine optimization, real estate keywords will take buyers' and sellers' requests online right to your door - via online searches.
- Make sure to use keywords that describe your website. You can use generic phrases such as "real estate" for any real estate site, but to stand out and shine, always make your keywords hyper-local. As SEO experts, we highly recommend using your local town's names and hotspots in your keywords, both in written content and captions for photos or videos.
- For more info on making some strong Google keywords, click here.
- Keep your keywords as local, unique, and specific as possible.
- Always title every article and page. Google can't find you if your title is not clear.
- One other vital step to grow website visitors is to correct weak keywords or cliches so you can grow your website traffic organically with elevated real estate writing.
To build a successful website, you first need people to know it exists. Using Google is your number one way to grow your client list since this global search engine answers practically all search questions.
Tip 4: Delete Errors that Disrupt Your Real Estate Website
Some of the best real estate websites are continually checking their site for errors. When it comes to being the SEO queen, you need to be highly ranked on Google. But simple mistakes can ruin your ranking and keep your site invisible to the public.
It's time to check and recheck all your pages of your site.
- Read your home page and all pages of your website carefully and search for typos.
- If there are links to click, then try out each one. You'll be surprised at how often dead links can ruin your Google ranking.
- Don't forget to check your captions for photos and videos on your real estate website.
- Are your titles too vague or written poorly? Refresh your article titles and include strong keywords.
- Be sure to include a call-to-action on your home page. This tip is a great way to mimic buyers' and sellers' deepest concerns, which the internet will recognize during its AI keywords search for relevant answers to queries.
- Strong calls-to-action on your website will include a problem followed by how your firm can offer solutions!
- Check the little details, such as your address, zip code, phone number, etc. Your contact form must be correct for potential clients.
Tip 5: Stop Repeating Yourself, and Your SEO will Grow
Your usage of keywords on your website must be local, specific, engaging, and powerful. Many real estate agents make a common mistake on their website to repeat wonderful keywords ad nauseum. Though you want to offer enticing information on every page to attract clients, the over-use of keywords can cause significant search engine optimization issues.
You may ask, "Why is it so bad to repeat my amazing original keywords and content on my website?"
In artificial intelligence, duplicate content makes it extremely difficult for search engines to understand which page to show. If there are, for example, two identical or very similar pages on your website, Google must choose one and not both pages. Due to this duplication, both of your pages will suffer and receive fewer visits.
Avoiding duplication on your website is key to your success in being noticed online by clients. IT experts will know how to solve this problem since it's part of the "canonical tag" used by search engines to identify the master page for a specific URL.
IT experts experienced in real estate websites would be best for optimizing your SEO in this case since they can create programs using the canonical tag that will void issues caused by identical or "duplicate" content appearing on your website.
Tip 6: Publish Relevant, Optimal-Length Content
Your real estate website must always offer engaging content to clients that your buyers and sellers want to know. It's lovely to offer gorgeous beauty shots of mansions with ocean-front swimming pools. Still, most of your site visitors are looking for accurate, down-to-earth, relevant data from an expert real estate agent.
Here are some handy tips to correct your written content on your site.
- Always use a title and format your title so it looks like a heading!
- Use your keyword phrases on your website a few times, but don't overstuff your top words into an article.
- Don't be afraid to be fun, personal, or even cheeky! Your home buyers are looking for an experience whether they are selling or buying a new home. Show off your personality in your work.
- Share your expert real estate agent tips with your website visitors. Include specific guides about home insurance, the walkability of a neighborhood, why checking the roof is wise, and more.
- Whenever you create a guide for website fans, create your brief content as a pdf, so they can click on it and print it. A printable guide is a powerful way to transform small numbers of users on your site to become viral.
- Use your website tool to request website visitors their email address, phone, name, etc., and use it for future email marketing. Lead capture is key to growing your real estate business!
Tip 7: Fix Your Index, and Your Google Ranking Will Grow
Sometimes, you will need to check the technical end of your website. Though affordable solutions are available for you online, here is one simple way to fix a website SEO problem. Meet the Google index.
The Google index for your website must be organized well to offer your real estate site a powerful reach. The Google index is just like a library, but instead of being full of books, it discovers and collects keywords and URLs and then matches them to websites to fulfill search requests.
How do you maximize your site so your Google index will be healthy? If you follow all the tips we've provided, you will surely reach your optimal Google index range.
Tip 8: Publish New Content Often
Research data shows you could easily send one email per week to potential clients or active clients and reap results. To grow your visibility online, you need to publish new content often. This tip applies to all written material.
If you don't yet publish a blog weekly on your real estate website, be sure to create one today. Make a big splash about your blog on your social media, and be sure to publish about one piece per week. Blogs are more personal than traditional articles, so it's fair game to be funny or whimsical. You can include unique and engaging content, such as testimonials from happy buyers or sellers, brief pieces about your love affair with a house you sold that you wished you could have bought yourself, or anything with a personal touch that shows off your properties.
Follow our expert tips on what to publish on your website and how often.
- Delete any content that looks old or looks like an ad.
- If your content is engaging, be sure to have a title that repeats within your article or guide at least once.
- Use your strong keywords.
- Replace old, pushy sales-type content with authentic content.
- Keep your content about a specific topic. Examples of successful content include "Tips to Negotiate a Sales Price" or "Why Walkability is Important for Resale Value," etc.
- Keep your content brief, at around three hundred words each.
- Use creative or stunning photos.
- Your website should include clickable links that are named (as noted in the prior section).
- Tout your own horn as a professional agent. Write funny, surprising real-life things that happened while you were helping buyers or sellers.
- Always include house tours on your site.
- Don't be afraid to start a new feature called "House of the Week" or "The Condo Lifestyle" or any other specific feature.
- Use the name of your neighborhood or city when you title anything you publish. This tip will bring in local traffic!
- Create a remarkable landing page promoting happy clients. You can run a piece about a family six months after moving into a home you sold or do a feature story about a family deciding between three specific properties and follow up on which they purchased a few months later.
Tip 9: Delete Unprofessional or Bad Photos and Videos on Your Site
First impressions do matter, so your website must look clean, modern, and professional. When it comes to your photos, it is vital to always publish gorgeous, high-quality images. Your visitors will not poke around your great website if the pictures are dull, fuzzy, or boring.
Fix these common errors and use our solutions for better website success.
- Review every photo on your website. If images are fuzzy or dull or look dated or boring, delete them. Replace them with stunning visuals.
- Every photo should have a caption. Make sure your captions include specific, brief keywords, which will grow your visibility online.
- For professional photos, you can always purchase very inexpensive stunning jpegs online from numerous companies. Just search for "real estate photos for sale" and click.
- Don't be afraid to be funny or share photos of pets on couches or in bathtubs. People love humor, and pets are a great way to break the ice!
- Videos that you shoot with a personal twist should be brief, with a length of about two minutes.
- For house tours, videos can be longer. Hire a professional videographer and be thorough. Don't forget to show each room and be sure your professional has adequate lighting to make the video bright and inviting.
Tip 10: Reformat Your Website and Make Sure It's Phone-Friendly!
One of the most simple mistakes real estate websites make is to format their website for computers and not for mobile phones. Mobile optimization means your website will look spectacular on any phone.
Every day, about 4.53 billion people are online. Now take a moment to think about YOUR life. How often do you use your mobile phone to find an address or look up your favorite pizza haunt? Mobile phones have grown in usage by 222 percent over the past seven years!
To be visible online, you must design your website to look perfect on any mobile phone. Google rewards mobile phone-formatted websites by including them more often in all search requests. Even if it costs money to correct this error, do it now.
Tip 11: Rename Your Clickable Website Links
Your website should include clickable outside links that go to reliable websites or to another one of your landing pages. It's always vital to have relevant links within your text since it cements your position as a top real estate expert.
Take each of these critical steps to maximize clickable links within your site.
- Read your website text. Find links and be sure each clickable link has a descriptive name. For example, don't use "click here," but instead rename your link with specific relevant wording, such as "Miami Condo Lifestyle."
- Google rewards the usage of descriptive clickable links and recognizes these links more often than simple text, so you're sure to offer a better user experience plus enjoy higher website traffic.
- Create relevant links in all of your documents, articles, or blogs. Including even a few will impress your readers, who expect you to share expert real estate tips on your site.
Tip 12: Social Media Helps Activate Your Website
Social media has become its own influencer. If it's a vibrant site that publishes new content, your real estate website can often engage with residents in your area, including buyers and sellers. Once you get the kinks out of your website, as our experts have detailed, it's time to tackle your social media presence.
Your social media pages should reflect your real estate site's professional, fun, educational, and gorgeous design. It's time to dive deep into your social media and correct any glaring issues, plus plan your next moves!
- Visit each of your social media accounts. Be sure you have active Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest accounts.
- It's critical to remove all photos that make you look unprofessional or sloppy. It's OK to have personal pictures, but those must be kept private to the general public when using your social media accounts for your real estate business.
- Once you remove or hide non-professional photos from the public, it's time to check out your latest posts.
- View every video. Are the videos professional and bright? Delete any video that is too political or dull-looking.
- Check out your written content. Delete any grammatical errors. If you are not a grammar-queen, you can use the free version of Grammarly. This open platform will review all of your written content so that it's pristine!
- Share all of your website articles, blogs, how-to guides, and tips on all your social media platforms.
- It's vital to publish on all of your platforms simultaneously as you publish new content on your website. This step will activate AI robots, sending potential real estate clients straight to your site!
We hope you will successfully implement our guide on how to fix common SEO mistakes in your real estate business. Your website will grow dramatically once you activate our handy real estate website tips.
In today's world, digital experts are affordable and employ teams of experienced professional IT and content professionals. Our team is a vibrant mix of talented real estate professionals and writers who live, breathe, and create an all-things-real estate. If you find yourself too busy or overwhelmed by the things you must do to soar to the highest visibility to both buyers and sellers in your area, don't be shy - discover real estate SEO experts.